WELCOME TO THE CARNIVALE FREAKSHOW! CHRISTENED AS A CLOWN:I BID YOU TO WITNESS THE WORLD THROUGH MY FIGURATIVE PERPETUAL VOUYERISMS.TRAVERSE ABOARD MY CAROUSEL OF SUBLIME PAIN. HITCH ONTO MY NOT SO MERRY-GO-ROUND! I IMPLORE YOU TO LOOK PAST MY RANCID INTERJECTIONS; MOREOVER, ILLUSTRATE EMPATHY TOWARDS MY DEMENTED SENSIBILITY.DROWN THROUGH MY PAGES WRITTEN AND DRENCHED WITH LIQUID CHEMISTRY.ENTER MY SOUL'S SOLILOQUY...AND TAKE PLEASURE!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Number 24601

Gud am, Ma'am -- Can I take ur order?























A commissioned piece for a canteena
(Specified requests): draw me a sexy waitress

--------------------------------------------------------------
Before you read the verses below I strongly suggest
you click
here to align your mindset atuned to the same
frequency mine was when I scribbled the words below.
Hey, humor me -- if sometimes I like to foster interaction.

--------------------------------------------------------------


Satellite Soliloquists
(A soliloquy in echo to a soliloquy)



At the far distance of each others whisperings
The plausibility of kindred phantoms to reconcile
Meaning to the totality of one and the others
Equally outlying and faded sighs is an eclipsing
Of shared dreamscapes where mutual breaths
Pant in soulful unison with songs of distinct
Tunes absolving into exhalations of a singular voice
Hummed in sync with the dance of both their
Shadows finding solace in the rhythmic ballet
Offered in wooing for malady and its contrary
Hopeful still that fate equates distance a little more
Closer for communal odes to resound and find
Each other perpetually bounded together at the kiss
Of quill to its naked parchment healing the wounds
Once wrought by the subtleties of papercuts
Of which the cold echoes blissfully embrace slaves
And masters alike of murmured soliloquies
Gracing sound to forever ascend as meaningful letters
Thus bridging planes of different plateau to magnify
As reflections of one and the other from which
Enigma and Paradox spin in collision at the axis
of a single sphere both still in graceful control while
in awe at propositions offered over hushed confessions
by clandestine lovers crooning before their beloved moon



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F.Y.I.
The piece above was written loosely as an answer to Eponine’s soliloquy (On My Own) from the musical Les Miserables. It’s one of those songs that permanently leave a mark regardless of one’s age and gender. First, I heard of the song was probably way back secondary school and since then it stuck as one of my ‘ole time faves. Just remember to change the pronouns when you’re singing it in public -- to suite you best -- otherwise if you’re a guy you might be mistaken for Gaylord Focker (not that there’s anything wrong with that).


(an excerpt of On My Own):
And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to her
And although I know that she is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us


And Jean Valjean’s song (Who Am I) strikes a chord as well to me on a deeprooted personal note. Valjean is one those unforgettable protagonists to have ever graced the pages of classical literature. Both the hero and the story of Les Mis transcend time. Astig!


( an excerpt of Who Am I):
If I speak, I am condemned
If I stay silent, I am damned!
Who am I?


The piece above was also in part written as an answer to this
somewhat riddle echoed by a recent unearthing:
I don’t know if Enigma and Paradox are one and the same;
still, I wouldn’t mind getting lost in both spheres of the word.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

sidenotes:
There’s a short story here -- why out of all writers/playwrights Victor Hugo will be the last to leave my cognition when I grow senile and shit… but then again that’s another post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------


click for more pics
Went to Pampanga for Inang's Padasal a couple of days back. Pseudo-reunion na rin with the Cabalen's -- to brush off my dusty Kapangpangan lingo. A prelude to upcomming fiestas and sagalas this coming May. Click the thumbnail on the left to see pics from that eventful shindig.


Video uploads from the said trip -- here

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Clown's Anthem: On My Own (Eponine) and Who Am I (Valjean)

click here to listen to those tracks in their entirety and a lot more from Les Miserables

4 left the carnivale an epistle:

Blogger S.L. Corsua so eloquently stated...

Two very eager thumbs up for the fluidity of this piece, Leeds! Makapigil-hininga. Dang. I especially loved reading the following out loud:

exhalations of a singular voice
Hummed in sync with the dance of both their
Shadows finding solace in the rhythmic ballet

Offered in wooing for malady and its contrary

Hopeful still that fate equates distance a little more


Definitely one of my faves among your masterpieces. ^_^

May 03, 2006 6:59 PM

 
Blogger Unknown so eloquently stated...

I like your writing and your taste in music.

May 04, 2006 10:01 AM

 
Blogger blue rogue so eloquently stated...

Loved the play. Loved the book. Loved this song in particular.

However...

*whistles in appreciation*

Of quill to its naked parchment healing the wounds
Once wrought by the subtleties of papercuts


for a moment, Les Miserables stopped becoming that heart-wrenching piece that it is, and instead mellowed into a tribute to love, as you have so magnified here.

A soliloquy all on its own. :)

May 06, 2006 10:43 PM

 
Blogger Lothario Art so eloquently stated...

soulless...

Glad to hear you let yourself get swayed by the flow. It’s uplifting to hear my whispering's are being uttered by another soliloquist. Mere sighs then ascend as claimed echoes. Thanks for the fave.

--------------------------------
david e. patton...

Welcome and thanks.

--------------------------------
blue rogue...

Aaah, another fan of Les Mis. So does the song speak to you as well?

*snaps fingers at the whistled appreciation left humming*

...Insights straight out of lips of both slave and master of murmured soliloquy. You make me soar.

May 08, 2006 6:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Carnivale Cathedral (Main)


AURAL SOUVENIR

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.